When you purchase an event film package that includes a highlight reel, there are a couple steps involved on your end to begin the production of your highlight reel.
1) Purchase a Highlight Reel Credit
If you have not purchased a highlight reel credit yet, you will not be able to submit the reel form.
- Highlight reel credits do not expire, and can be used at any time once they are purchased.
- Highlight reel credits can only be refunded within 30 days of purchase should you decide not to use it.
- You can purchase a highlight reel credit with any event package, or by itself here.
2) Complete the highlight reel form
What is the highlight reel form?
- Our online highlight reel form provides you with an easy way to organize and submit the clips you’d like to include in your highlight reel to our editor. It’s important that you take your time filling it out, and make sure it’s very clear and concise!
How do I fill out my highlight reel form?
- There are 4 things we need from you from each clip.
- “Clip Source” = the name or title of the file you’re sending us
- “Start time” = the time on the file that you’d like the clip to start
- “End time of the clip” = the time on the file that you’d like the clip to end
- “Clip Description” = brief description of the play occurring within the clip.
- Below is an example of a highlight reel form with the necessary information:
- Clip 1 Source/DVD #: DVD Name 1 or File Name
- Clip 1: 02:10 - 02:20
- Clip 1 Description: Goal
Your purchased highlight reel credit gives you room for 20 clips.
- You can fill out a second highlight reel form after you fill out the first 20 clips with the remaining information, and we will reach out to you for payment.
- We cap your reel at 20 clips because it usually results in a 3-4 minute highlight reel.
- We’ve recently discovered that coaches spend an average of 3:15 watching a single video. You don’t want to scare coaches off with a long highlight reel!
- If you would like any additional editing services such as extra title cards and clips it is $100 per hour of work.
How do I select my best plays for my highlight reel?
- It’s good to have a mix of plays included in your reel, and it’s best to start with your most stellar plays in case coaches only have a minute or two to watch your reel. You know yourself better than anyone else!
- Here’s an article we’ve created that can help you decide which plays are best to include! What Plays Do I Select For My Highlight Reel?
We recommend that while reviewing your footage, rank your clips on a 5-star basis. After you complete your review, keep all 5-star clips and fill in any holes with 4-star clips.
3) Send us your footage
What if my footage is already posted to my player profile?
- Any footage already posted to your player profile does not have to be sent to us! We can easily access it through our database.
- On the reel form, put the following information for the clip source:
- If the film is under the "Purchased" tab, just list the game ID number.
- If the footage is under the "My Videos" tab, just list the name of the video.
Can I choose my own music?
- Of course! If you have a song in mind for your highlight reel, we ask that you send us the song file using WeTransfer. If you don’t have a song in mind, our editor will choose one for you from our music library. Keep in mind that including music is personal preference – coaches can always mute it if they feel the need to!
4) Highlight Reel Production
What if I want an additional title card in my highlight reel?
If you'd like any additional editing services such as extra title cards and clips, it is $100 per hour of work.
- If you’d like to list information in your highlight reel other than what’s included on the opening screen (name, high school, club team, class year, position, email address, and height/weight if you choose), we will have to fit this information on a second title card.
- We generally recommend limiting the highlight reel to just the opening title card – the rest of the information is already on your profile!
- You can also list any additional information in the “Description” section of the highlight reel, which you will have access to after it’s live on your profile.
Will I be able to see my highlight reel before you make it live on my profile?
- Yes, you will have a 2-week editing window to work with us on any edits you’d like to make. We’d be happy to arrange your clips, adjust your isolation affects, cut down or increase the length of your plays.
- If you decide to replace existing clips with new ones once a draft of your reel has been built, an extra fee may occur. We will go back and forth with you until you’re pleased with the final product.
How do I make my video live on my profile?
Once you’re ready to display your highlight reel on your profile, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Live Chat us during regular business hours! We will make your reel live for you as soon as possible.
How do I download my video?
Once your highlight reel is live on your profile, you will see a blue “Download” button to the right of your video thumbnail in your Video Library. It will take just a few minutes to download and will save to your computer.
What if I want to make edits to my finalized highlight reel after I get more footage from my season?
We can help you out! If you would like any additional editing services such as extra title cards and clips it is $100 per hour of work.
- If you would like additional editing for your highlight reel, please email this information to us at email@example.com so we can get started.
How do I upload my highlight reel to YouTube or Vimeo?
Your highlight reel is already live on your athlete profile, so uploading it to YouTube, Vimeo, or any other site you use is secondary. You will first have to download your reel to your computer by clicking the blue “download” button to the right of the video thumbnail, and then upload it to the site of your choice.